MISSION Corp., dba Mission Outdoor (“MISSION”), is looking for a passionate individual to join its growing team. At MISSION, we’re making outdoor fun easier than ever. We take a thoughtful approach to product design because we’ve been there, done that, and figured out ways to do things better. We strive to create products that enhance the outdoor experience for boaters, families, enthusiasts, and weekend warriors around the world.
You will join a close-knit marketing team that is passionate about doing whatever it takes to elevate the MISSION brand to the next level. As an in-house Graphic Designer, you join the team that’s charged with bringing a brand that “sells fun” to life. You’ll do this through the creation of visual touchpoints that link together all aspects of the brand in ways that inspire our customers and push the envelope of great design.
You are someone who wants to work across a wide variety of design centric marketing initiatives including printed collateral, digital ads, product packaging, website design and more. We are looking for someone with a razor-sharp attention to detail, hungry to work in the outdoor space, and who possesses the ability to adapt quickly to changes and deadlines.
At MISSION, we see the group first. The decisions we make—like this one—start with the impact they’ll have on our people and culture. To make the cut, you’ll naturally share certain values with us like patience and mutual respect for others in the organization, regardless of role. The right fit will also have a genuine love of the outdoors like we do. Possessing these non-negotiables means that, like us, you’re enthusiastic and passionate about your teammates, your work, and the brand you represent each day.
- Contribute to the design of new product, packaging, line extensions, new formats, promotional pieces, catalogs, and internal projects as needed, from concept through production.
- Maintain organized graphic design project digital files; Packaged working files, complete with fonts, linked files, support files, editable versions, project notes, final project images (if applicable), printing specs, job request notes, and proofs.
- Execute production level designs for everything ranging from product graphics to catalogs to online ads.
- Work on the creation of all product assets including photography, illustrations, and comparison guides.
- Create new product packaging that brings MISSION’s brand strategy to life.
- Generate creative and intuitive product instructions.
- Design marketing and sales printed collateral such as brochures, catalogs, and POP signage.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on moving tasks through the pipeline and bringing projects through to completion.
- A solid grasp of art production, printing processes, and digital workflows.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and genuine interest in questioning the status quo.
- Ability to ask critical and meaningful questions to anticipate the challenges of building a meaningful brand from its roots.
- Self-starter that does not require ongoing and specific direction to thrive.
- Exceptional creative skills that demonstrate both a sharp eye for detail and a big picture sensibility.
- Ability to work and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments while managing workload and priorities.
- Collaborative by nature. You’re open to criticism and feedback and able to take design feedback and incorporate it quickly.
- Excellent computer competency and adept at learning new digital platforms.
- Thrives in a brainstorming culture with different teams and team members to execute a vision or goal.
- Passion for the outdoors and in the types of products and lifestyle we sell. You love what MISSION is all about and you believe in both our products and in your abilities to help us move the dial.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A strong candidate has the preferred background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of professional work experience in graphic design.
- Outdoor industry experience or knowledge preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in Adobe suite programs (InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop).
- A portfolio showing an exceptional body of work.*
*Applicants must submit a portfolio (link or PDF under 10mb) to be considered for this position.
MISSION is well-known in the marine industry as a design and technology company that delivers innovative and premium solutions to outdoor recreation enthusiasts. In particular, MISSION is a company known to confront markets with new ideas. MISSION was established in 2014, is headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, and is privately owned.
**Submit a cover letter, your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org**